preparation and filing of Tractor Supply Company s (TSC) federal, state, an
local income tax returns, as well as handling other related income tax
compliance requirements. This position is also responsible for filing various
annual reports with the Secretaries of State. This position also is responsible
for the unclaimed property process.
* Analyzes and gathers data necessary for determining TSC s income tax
liability including preparation of workpapers, calculating book/tax
differences and federal/state differences, and the preparation and filing
of the federal, state, and local income tax extensions and returns. 50%
* Calculates quarterly estimated payments and makes related timely
* Researches and resolves federal, state and local notices. 10%
* Assists with unclaimed property process by compiling escheatable property
from various departments and loading properties to the database. Prepares
related due diligence letters and annual returns. 10%
* Assists in periodic review of fixed assets for opportunities to
accelerate tax benefits. 5%
* Monitors federal and state tax developments for every state of operation.
* Assists with Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and state tax audits. 5%
* Files state annual reports with Secretaries of State. 5%
* May perform other duties as assigned.
Experience : 0-2 years of direct tax experience in public accounting, corporate
environment working with federal and multi-state taxation, or a taxation-
Education : Bachelor s degree in Accounting or related field is preferred.
Master s degree in Accounting, Tax, or related field is desired.
Any suitable combination of education and experience will be considered.
Professional Certifications : Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation or
comparable certification is preferred.
* Effective team-working skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
* Strong problem-solving, organizational, and communication skills.
Tractor Supply Company (TSCO), the largest rural lifestyle retailer in the
United States, is dedicated to enhancing our strong company culture built on
our team members commitment to our Mission and Values. With over 1,800
stores and an innovative e-commerce platform, Tractor Supply ranks in the
Fortune 400 with revenues of over $8 billion and growing! Come grow your career
with us as we serve those who live Life out Here !
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Apply For This Job: Staff Accountant, Income Tax