Manufacturing Associate for a TN based hemp company
About Volunteer Botanicals:
Volunteer Botanicals, LLC is a Tennessee-based company focused on delivering fully customized, hemp-based products for product creators and medical practitioners. Our special formulations are created by converting plant oils into powders and water concentrates. This leading-edge reformulation allows for a wider spectrum of product creation and more creative applications. All of our products are naturally beneficial and focus on creating balance within the body and mind. It is our goal to provide products of the highest possible quality, while supporting the growth and development product creators in an emerging industry.
The successful Manufacturing Associate will be reliable and able to work with little supervision. The Manufacturing Associate will work with the Manufacturing Manager & Senior Associate to execute production goals and needs. This person must be self-motivated, hard-working and available for a variable production shift. The first shift Manufacturing Associate will be expected to work between 30 – 40 hours a week, Monday thru Friday, 9:00AM-5:00Pm CST.
Compensation: Starting pay is $11.00 an hour with a performance review with-in 30 days. Upon completion of the review the candidate could potentially benefit with an immediate raise.
Position Responsibilities & Essential Duties:
• Follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) set forth by VB.
• Utilize and ensure compliance with quality systems such as production records, inventory logs, batch records, deviation reports, etc.
• Ensure that all facility rules and regulations are followed by all personnel entering or using the facility
• Clean, sanitize, and operate production equipment
• Report any issues or equipment malfunctions to management
• Complete repetitive tasks over extended periods of time using fine motor skills while maintaining a high quality of output
• Document all activities accurately and thoroughly according to Good Documentation Practices
• Keep work areas clean and organized while multi-tasking on multiple processes
• Communicate: ideas/suggestions for and/or concerns with production processes to team leadership
• Assist with oversight of and communicate needs for raw material inventory to management
• Help maintain accurate inventory numbers
• Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area including safe sanitation and chemical handling
• Report any facility or employee related safety issues to management immediately
• Time management skills and comfort working in fast paced environment
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships and communication with peers and supervisors
• Participate in Company safety and production meetings
• Willingness to be cross-trained and moved to other areas when needed
• Must be willing and able to perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Attention to detail
• Experience measuring exact amounts
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Positive attitude and strong work ethic
• Must have a high sense of urgency and take ownership of assigned tasks
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule that fluctuates in response to production demands
• Commitment to company values
• High school diploma or equivalent required, must be 18 years of age
• Commercial CGMP and/or manufacturing experience strongly preferred, food industry experience a plus
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
• Physical demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; stooping and crouching is frequent. This job requires physical agility and stamina. Employee is required to stand for some of their shift. Must demonstrate good manual dexterity and be able to perform repetitive tasks. Needs to be able to perform sanitation tasks without direct supervision. Must use proper protective equipment when performing duties.
• Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be in a production environment. The noise level is usually moderate.
Volunteer Botanicals provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Volunteer Botanicals is an at-will employer.
If this interest you, then the next steps are:
To complete the attached application, email it and your resume (if available) to email@example.com.
Employment Type: Part-Time Position Location: Murfreesboro, TN Number of Positions: 2